2017-2018 Approved Organizations for Roane County United Way Community Investment
- Aid To Distress Families of Appalachian Counties
- Avalon Center (Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault)
- Boys’ and Girls’ Club of Roane County
- Roane Imagination Library
- CASA of the 9th Judicial District
- East TN Kidney Foundation
- Free Medical Center
- Great Smoky Mtn. Boy Scouts of America
- Kid’s First Child Advocacy Center
- Michael Dunn Center
- Epilepsy Foundation of East TN
- 4-H- UT Extension Roane County
- Ridgeview Behavioral Health
- Mid East Community Action Agency- Senior Nutrition and Office on Aging
- Roane County Cooperative Ministries
- Roane Alliance-tnScholars Program
- Roane County Children’s Fund
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Senior Citizens Homemaker Assistance Services
- West Roane County Volunteer Fire Department
Other Community Impacts
Roane County United Way (with investor’s dollars), supports local non-profit organizations in order to provide needed services to those who are truly in need.
Dental Task Force
RCUW led the formation of a dental task force involving representatives from various areas in Roane and Louden County.
Collaboration among private dental practices, local organizations, educational institutions, and the faith based community have worked to provide affordable dental care to adults in Loudon and Roane Counties.
- Organized a Dental Task Force to provide guidance, recommendation(s), and develop policies/procedures.
- Created Dentist Advisory Board to provide professional guidance, develop cost structure, develop process, and provide invaluable feedback for sustainability.
- Received a $15,000 Trinity Health Foundation Grant for Phase I of the project and $150,000 for Phase II.
- Generated voucher system to pay dentists directly, no funding is given to clients.
- Identified best practices for future use.
- Leveraged proven processes used by grant administer.
- Obtained participant feedback, which is invaluable for improving process.
- Clients scheduled their own appointments.
Over 125 adults obtained affordable dental and/or preventive care services in Phase I.
A total value of dental services performed $45,000.00
A total of In-Kind contributions of $25,540.00
Leveraged an average of $5 dollars per every $1 Trinity Health Foundation dollars
Teacher’s Supply Closet – We organize the annual Teacher’s Supply Closet, helping teachers and their students with supplies needed throughout the school year.
VITA – We host a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site-preparing tax returns to help individuals be financially stable….and more!