- Roane County Needs Assessment
- Project Freedom
- VITA: Free Tax Assistance (Download flyer)
- Self-Improvement Book Program (Download Self Improvement Book List)
- Financial Classes – Upon request, Roane County United Way can arrange to host financial education classes at your site. Past topics have included the following: basic budgeting, credit counseling and more. Call 865-882-7711 and ask for the Project Freedom Coordinator.
- Initiative to Address Chronic Dependency
- Roane County Volunteer Clearing House
- Emergency Food and Shelter Program:
Funds are awarded to agencies for services. Funds are to supplement emergency food and shelter programs operating in the four-county area. Agencies will be able to provide food, shelter and rent/mortgage/utility assistance on a one-time basis to individuals.
The selection of the local board was made by a National Board that is chaired by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and consists of representatives from the following:
- Salvation Army
- American Red Cross
- United Jewish Communities
- Catholic Charities, USA
- National Council of Churches of Christ in the USA
- United Way of America
A local board comprised of local representatives of the national agencies and other agencies determine how funds are distributed. Agencies receiving funds must meet the criteria:
- Private non-profit agency with a voluntary board or unit of government
- Have an accounting system
- Practice non-discrimination
- Demonstrated ability to deliver services.